- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
The USDA Biobased labeling initiative is an element of the U.S. Farm Bill that focuses on increasing the purchase and use of bio-based products made from renewable agricultural materials. The purpose of the labeling initiative is to more clearly identify bio-based products for all buyers, and to promote the increased sale and use of bio-based products in the commercial market and for consumers. In order to be certified by the USDA, vendor products are required to undergo bio-based product testing by an accredited laboratory.
In addition to the USDA certification, EcoTouch insulation was recently certified by Scientific Certifications Systems (SCS) for new recycled content figures: total recycled content rose from 50 to 58% for faced batts and rolls, and to 65% for unfaced batts, rolls, MBI, and loosefill.
For more information, visit www.owenscorning.com.