- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
Scheduled to begin construction in March, the new furnace is expected to be operational in early 2012, at which time it will more than double production capacity at the Tlaxcala facility. The expansion will support increased production of the company’s corrosion-resistant Advantex® glass and will produce assembled roving and dry-use chopped strands.
“The steady growth in demand for these products, coupled with favorable pricing in the marketplace, is driving a positive expected return on the investment in our Tlaxcala facility,” said Marcio Sandri, vice president and managing directr for the company’s Americas reinforcement business. “We are pleased to be able to support our customers’ needs with this latest expansion.”
For more information, visit www.owenscorning.com.