- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
“The Evart employees are an excellent workforce, with a very good track record of quality, cooperative teamwork and productivity performance,” said Joseph Stas, chief operating officer. “The employees did everything that they could to make the plant viable. Unfortunately, the current severe industry downturn has resulted in an overcapacity situation that is not sustainable for the foreseeable future.”
The plant was purchased from Chrysler Corp in 1998 by PPG Industries, Inc. PGW purchased the auto glass business from PPG in September 2008. Parts currently produced at the Evart facility will be transferred to other PGW factories in North America by the end of March, and Evart plant operations will cease at that time.
Visit www.pgwglass.com for more information.