- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
“The biggest growth categories for fleet hybrids are medium/heavy-duty trucks and buses,” said Clint Wheelock, managing director. “Manufacturers are beginning to turn their attention beyond light-duty vehicles to the efficiency opportunities for hybrid drive in heavy trucks. For example, in North America, nearly 10% of buses sold in 2015 will be hybrids.”
According to Wheelock, North America will be the leading region in terms of hybrid fleet penetration, with hybrids reaching 8% of all fleet sales in the next five years. Early adopters will include government, university and utility company fleets. Asia Pacific will be the leader in terms of unit volumes in that timeframe, reaching 420,000 fleet hybrids sold per year, though the hybrid penetration will be somewhat lower than North America’s.
For more information, call (303) 997-7609 or visit www.pikeresearch.com.