The Cleveland Vibrator Co. (CVC) recently announced that it will celebrate its 85th anniversary this year. The company had its beginnings in the old Viaduct area in the Flats. Now a leader in industrial vibrator and vibratory equipment, CVC originally also manufactured cigarette lighters, letter openers, water sprinklers and, during World War II, 50-caliber machine gun mounts for tanks.
The company moved to its current location, a former church in Ohio City, in 1943. Over the years, CVC has expanded the original structure several times. Today, CVC offers one of the most complete lines of vibrators and vibratory bulk handling equipment available. Innovations are constantly making the company’s vibrators more durable and more adaptable to strenuous environments.
CVC has successfully applied vibrators to industries such as foundry, chemical, food, construction, pharmaceutical, concrete, mining, textile, ceramics, petrochemical, steel, sand and gravel, and special effects. In addition, the company’s vibrators create the shake at the Cleveland Museum of Natural History’s Earthquake Exhibit and are also incorporated into haunted houses and amusement attractions.
CVC’s product line includes types of vibrators ranging from air-powered piston, turbine, ball and foundry to rotary electric and rotary air, and electromagnetic. Additional products include vibratory tables, lab tables for light load applications, feeders and conveyors, and vibratory screeners. The company’s recent acquisition of HK Technologies enables it to offer ultrasonic, fine powder screening.
For more information, call (216) 241-7157 or (800) 221-3298, or visit www.clevelandvibrator.com