Ceramic Industry

Saint-Gobain's Packaging Sector Expands in Chile (9/12/06)

September 12, 2006
Saint-Gobain's Packaging Sector recently gained control of BO Glass Containers SA, which has begun construction of a wine bottle plant in Rosario, Chile. Saint-Gobain acquired 51% of the company through a capital increase, with the historic shareholders led by Juan Obach and Felix Bacigalupo retaining the remaining 49%. BO Glass Containers SA will change its name to Saint-Gobain Envases SA. The plant will have one furnace and two production lines specializing in the manufacture of wine bottles in clear, green and dead-leaf glass. Saint-Gobain becomes the second largest wine bottle manufacturer in Chile with this acquisition.

Saint-Gobain's website is located at www.saint-gobain.com.

Links