- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
“This landmark agreement combines the strengths of two highly experienced copper producers,” said Bret Clayton, chief executive, Copper, Rio Tinto. “Together, we hope to unlock value from a highly prospective copper belt in the biggest copper producing country in the world. We look forward to a long and deepening relationship with CODELCO.”
The property to be explored is the Exploradora prospect in northern Chile. Rio Tinto has the option to earn a 55% interest in the prospect through an exploration investment of $20 million, with the potential to increase ownership to 60%.
Rio Tinto has been exploring in Chile since 1989 and has several copper exploration properties under title that are scheduled for drill testing in 2008.
For more information, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.riotinto.com.