- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
- CI Advanced Microsite
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- List Rental
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
“Rio Tinto’s move to a majority stake in Ivanhoe further demonstrates our commitment to the safe and successful development of the Oyu Tolgoi mine for the benefit of all stakeholders,” said Andrew Harding, chief executive, Copper for Rio Tinto. “We are approaching a very important phase in the development of the Oyu Tolgoi mine, with 70% of the construction now complete. The leadup to first ore in the second half of 2012 will mark an important milestone in the path toward commercial production of copper concentrate, slated for the first half of 2013.”
Rio Tinto purchased an additional 15.1 million common shares of Ivanhoe, representing 2% of Ivanhoe’s outstanding common shares, from two sellers in a privately negotiated share purchase transaction.
For more information, visit www.riotinto.com.