- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Buyers' Connection
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
Rio Tinto believes that its borates business is a good fit within its overall portfolio, based on its asset base, share of global supply and presence in Asian markets. Rio Tinto has also decided not to sell its Jadar lithium-borate deposit in Serbia, which will now be transferred from its Exploration group to be managed within the borate business.
This year, Rio Tinto has announced agreed sales totaling $2.5 billion, including $850 million for the undeveloped potash assets in Argentina and Canada, $750 million for the Corumbá iron ore operation in Brazil, $761 million for the Jacobs Ranch coal mine in the U.S., and $125 million for the Ningxia aluminum smelter in China.
Visit www.riotinto.com for more information.