- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Buyers' Connection
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
As part of its development strategy for solar energy, Saint-Gobain is acquiring Shell's share of Avancis, a joint venture between the two companies. Avancis has developed technology for thin-film CIS (copper, indium and selenide) to manufacture photovoltaic modules. With an annual capacity of 20 megawatts, the company's first plant is operating in Torgau, Germany.
The technology necessitates expertise in glass coating and in glass thermal treatment, two processes belonging to the core portfolio of Saint-Gobain. Saint-Gobain intends to accelerate the industrial development of Avancis.
For more information, visit www.saint-gobain.com or www.avancis.de/en.