- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Buyers' Connection
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
The company reported that currency fluctuations contributed significantly (3.8%) to sales growth, owing to the appreciation of Scandinavian currencies and the currencies of the group’s main emerging markets-especially the Brazilian real-against the euro. Changes in group structure had a slightly positive impact, representing 0.3% of sales growth over the period.
Flat Glass sales rose 8.9% over the nine months to September 30, 2010, and 6.5% over the third quarter. Volume growth over the last three months continued to be powered by Asia and emerging countries and, to a lesser extent (due chiefly to the tough basis for comparison) by Automotive Glass in Europe.
For additional details, visit www.saint-gobain.com.