- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
- CI Advanced Microsite
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- List Rental
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
Thermal Technology, LLC recently signed a long-term agreement to supply over 100 high-temperature furnaces to a domestic solar silicon producer. These newly designed furnaces are capable of producing solar-grade silicon at a cost lower than competitive processes.
“With a worldwide shortage of solar-grade silicon, the development of our lower cost production method couldn’t have come at a better time,” said Matt Mede, president and chief executive officer. “We identified the solar silicon market as a perfect fit for our capabilities in mid-2007. Launching a 12-month development effort and working closely with our customer, we were able to rapidly perform the necessary laboratory and pilot-scale trials to demonstrate the technology and proceed with system manufacturing.”
Visit www.thermaltechnology.com for more information.