- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
“With the maturation of the telecommunications industry, the demand for fiber drawing furnaces was expected to decline dramatically, but the growing market of optical fibers for medical and other applications has helped fill that void,” said Matt Mede, Thermal Technology president and CEO. “Optical fibers are used in diverse applications, and our fiber drawing furnace offers excellent element life in excess of 1000 hours.”
Thermal Technology’s fiber drawing furnace is designed to operate at temperatures up to 2400°C with preforms of 30 mm in diameter. The system features a long-life, high-purity graphite resistance element that delivers concentrated heat through a linear graphite tube, protecting the element and controlling inert gas flow.
For more information, visit www.thermaltechnology.com.