Advanced Ceramics

Johns Manville Releases Sustainability Report

Johns Manville recently announced the publication of its 2012 Sustainability Report, “We Build Environments.”

Read More

Yamaguchi Named Kyocera President

Kyocera Corp. recently announced that Goro Yamaguchi, former director and managing executive officer, has become president, representative director and executive officer.
Read More

CFCL, iPower Receive Approval for First Housing Association Project

Ceramic Fuel Cells Ltd. recently announced that it and Energy Services Co. (ESCo) iPower Energy Ltd. (iPower) have received approval for their first housing association project.
Read More

Morgan Crucible Becomes Becomes Morgan Advanced Materials

The Morgan Crucible Co. Plc recently announced it has changed its name to Morgan Advanced Materials plc.
Read More

U.S. Dept. of Interior Approves Three Renewable Energy Projects

U.S. Department of the Interior Secretary Ken Salazar recently announced the approval of three major renewable energy projects that, when built, are expected to deliver 1,100 MW to the grid.
Read More

Silicon Nitride Synthesis

Silicon nitride offers solutions to problems faced in industries that require high-temperature, high-strength materials and very small allowable tolerances.

Silicon nitride (Si3N4) is a naturally formed material created during the development of the earth due to the ammonia-rich atmosphere, silicon-rich crust and high temperatures.Silicon nitride was first developed synthetically in 1859 by Deville and Wöhler, resulting in a patent filed in Germany. 

Read More

Sputtering Target Innovations

New applications in the photovoltaic, thermoelectric, storage, and semiconductor markets are spurring innovation in ceramic and semiconductor sputtering targets.

Magnetron sputtering was initially developed using metal or alloy targets with materials having high electrical conductivity (e.g., Al, Ag, Au, Cu, Ti, Mo, etc.).

Read More

Advanced Ceramics Market Development

The transition from prototype to widespread industrial application can take years or even decades to complete.

For centuries, ceramic materials were used exclusively for tableware and building materials. In the mid-19th century, technical development in refractories and abrasives enabled the development of modern metallurgy and glass industries and became the first industrial application for ceramics.

Read More

IP in Depth: First-to-File Cautions and Strategies

The best strategy is for inventors and patent applicants is to file patent applications as early as possible.

When the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) adopted the America Invents Act (AIA) “first-to-file” system on March 16, the following scenarios became reality.

Read More

Inside CI: What’s Old is New

Is patience always a virtue in the product development process?

My daughter recently introduced me to the wonders of Internet radio and it’s official—I’m hooked. At the risk of dating myself, let me just say the ’80s channel is getting a lot of play in my office. I’m amazed that I know the lyrics of so many of these songs, most of which I’d forgotten even existed. But I digress.

Read More

Multimedia

Videos

Image Galleries

June 2014 Issue Highlights

Our June 2014 issue is now available!

Podcasts

Manufacturing Day 2014

Manufacturing Day organizers share their insights with Managing Editor Kelsey Seidler.

More Podcasts

Ceramic Industry Magazine

CI October 2014 cover

2014 October

Materials advances, refractories and renewable energy - oh, my! Check out our October issue today!

Table Of Contents Subscribe

Personal Smartphones

Do you use your personal smartphone or other device to complete tasks for your job?
View Results Poll Archive

THE CERAMIC INDUSTRY STORE

M:\General Shared\__AEC Store Katie Z\AEC Store\Images\Ceramics Industry\handbook of advanced ceramics.gif
Handbook of Advanced Ceramics Machining

Ceramics, with their unique properties and diverse applications, hold the potential to revolutionize many industries, including automotive and semiconductors.

More Products

Clear Seas Research

Clear Seas ResearchWith access to over one million professionals and more than 60 industry-specific publications,Clear Seas Research offers relevant insights from those who know your industry best. Let us customize a market research solution that exceeds your marketing goals.

STAY CONNECTED

facebook_40px twitter_40px  youtube_40pxlinkedin_40google+ icon 40px

Directories

CI Data Book July 2012

Ceramic Industry's Directories including Components, Equipment Digest, Services, Data Book & Buyers Guide, Materials Handbook and much more!