Commentary Stories

LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Evaluating New Environmental Regulations

September 1, 2006
In mid-July, the Ceramic Manufacturers Association (CerMA) was made aware of a new draft of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) standards for the clay ceramics manufacturing industry.
Read More

KILN CONNECTION: Persistence Pays Off

September 1, 2006
I have talked about energy conservation in this column many times over the past several years. For those of you who are tired of my litany of energy tips, directions and summaries, you will be pleased to know that this installment is not about my work in that area. Instead, it is a report about the success of a hard-working manager in a plant I visited early this year.
Read More

INSIDE CI: Hot, Hot, Hot

September 1, 2006
While Mother Nature's extreme temperatures can be devastating, the thermal processes used in the ceramic and related industries are much more predictable, controlled and beneficial.
Read More

REFRACTORIES REVIEW: Destination, St. Louis

August 1, 2006
The 42nd Annual Symposium on Refractories, sponsored by the St. Louis Section and the Refractory Ceramics Division of the American Ceramic Society, was held in St. Louis, Mo., March 29-30, 2006, with about 120 attendees. The theme of the meeting was "Advances in Raw Materials," and the event featured an exposition with 17 exhibitors in addition to the technical program.
Read More

INSIDE CI: A Perfect Stagecoach

August 1, 2006
Modern ceramic and glass manufacturers face a dual challenge-how to cost-effectively manufacture high-quality standard products while simultaneously developing new products and services to remain competitive and meet increasing customer needs.
Read More

SUCCESS STRATEGIES: Change is Good

August 1, 2006
A mind is a lot like a parachute-it only works if it opens. If you really want to increase profitability and cash flow in your business, then you must welcome change.
Read More

INSIDE CI (EDITOR'S MEMO): Technically Speaking

June 1, 2006
Many people equate the word "technical" with "boring." Not so in our industry. Technical ceramics and glasses are exciting, rapidly growing industry segments. From traditional and alternative energy sources to fibers and coatings to liquid crystal and other types of displays, the applications for technical ceramics and glasses are nearly endless.
Read More

INSIDE CI: Technically Speaking

June 1, 2006
Many people equate the word "technical" with "boring." Not so in our industry. Technical ceramics and glasses are exciting, rapidly growing industry segments. From traditional and alternative energy sources to fibers and coatings to liquid crystal and other types of displays, the applications for technical ceramics and glasses are nearly endless.
Read More

INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS: Trade War, Anyone?

May 1, 2006
It appears the honeymoon with China is over-will we skip marital bliss and head straight for divorce and, if so, how ugly will it get?
Read More

KILN CONNECTION: Bizarro World

May 1, 2006
You know the Seinfeld episode where everything is backward? Frankly, when I look at the world today, I feel like I have been transported to Seinfeld's Bizarro World.
Read More

Multimedia

Videos

Image Galleries

April 2014 Issue Highlights

Our April 2014 issue is now available!

Podcasts

Sapphire: An Extreme Performer

Ian Doggett of Goodfellow and CI Editor Susan Sutton discuss the benefits and opportunities provided by industrial sapphire.

More Podcasts

Ceramic Industry Magazine

CI July 2014

2014 July

Our annual Data Book & Buyers' Guide is your best resource for suppliers of materials and equipment for the ceramic, glass, brick and related industries. Check it out!

Table Of Contents Subscribe

THE CERAMIC INDUSTRY STORE

M:\General Shared\__AEC Store Katie Z\AEC Store\Images\Ceramics Industry\handbook of advanced ceramics.gif
Handbook of Advanced Ceramics Machining

Ceramics, with their unique properties and diverse applications, hold the potential to revolutionize many industries, including automotive and semiconductors.

More Products

Clear Seas Research

Clear Seas ResearchWith access to over one million professionals and more than 60 industry-specific publications,Clear Seas Research offers relevant insights from those who know your industry best. Let us customize a market research solution that exceeds your marketing goals.

Directories

CI Data Book July 2012

Ceramic Industry's Directories including Components, Equipment Digest, Services, Data Book & Buyers Guide, Materials Handbook and much more!

STAY CONNECTED

facebook_40px twitter_40px  youtube_40pxlinkedin_40google+ icon 40px