- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
Tosoh Corp. and Hodogaya Chemical Co., Ltd. recently acquired an additional 25% stake in Nippon Polyurethane Industry Co., Ltd. from Imperial Chemical Industries PLC (ICI). As a result, Hodogaya Chemical now owns 73.3% of Nippon Polyurethane Industry while Tosoh retains a 26.7% share. Tosoh is also Hodogaya Chemical¿s principal shareholder, with a 21.4% stake.
Tosoh is responsible for supplying Nippon Polyurethane with chlorine and providing utilities while in return, the hydrochloric acid gas produced by Nippon Polyurethane can be efficiently used by Tosoh in their vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) production. With a yearly production of over 1 million tons, Tosoh is the proprietor of Asia¿s largest chlor-alkali facility.
For additional information, call (81) 3 5427 5103, fax (81) 3 5247 5195 or visit http://www.tosoh.com.