- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
- CI Advanced Microsite
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- List Rental
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
U.S. Silica Co. has begun the construction of a new process facility to expand its production of OTTAWA WHITE™ fracturing (frac) sands for the oil and gas markets. The new facility at U.S. Silica’s Ottawa, Ill., plant, which will be completed in the third quarter of 2009, will increase the plant’s capacity to produce ISO/API-specification frac sand by more than 500,000 tons annually.
The largest capacity increase will be in the production of ISO/API-specification 40/70. The new facility will also provide additional production capacity for ISO/API-specification 20/40 frac sand and non-API-specification 30/50 and 30/70 grades in the OTTAWA WHITE frac sand series.
For more information, visit www.u-s-silica.com.