- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
- CI Advanced Microsite
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- List Rental
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
“Although we have not reached an agreement with the government, we will comply with the laws and directives we have been given,” said Al Stroucken, chairman and CEO. “The safety and well-being of our employees is of the utmost importance to us. Glassmaking is a highly specialized, complex and technical industry, and we are concerned by government plans to manage the operations without having the appropriate level of expertise. We also are concerned about the continuity of supply to customers in critical segments like food and beverage.”
O-I is fully cooperating with the Venezuelan government throughout the transition and remains committed to complying with all laws and regulations, including environmental and safety rules.
For additional details, visit www.o-i.com.