- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
According to “Soda Ash: 2010 World Market Outlook and Forecast,” which was recently released by MarketPublishers.com, world soda ash consumption is projected to grow at an average annual rate of about 2% through 2013. Annual growth is expected to increase by 4% for Asia, while declines are projected in North America and Europe, by 0.2% and 0.1%, respectively.
Developed countries have higher soda ash consumption but lower growth rates compared to developing countries. However, the end-use patterns are basically the same for both. In 2008, glass production accounted for half of global soda ash consumption, followed by chemicals (about 23%), and soaps and detergents (about 4%). Little change in this distribution pattern is expected through 2013.
For additional details, visit http://marketpublishers.com.