- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
I recently ran across some truly astonishing excuses for missing work. You’d think with unemployment the way it is (6.5%, according to today’s announcement), people would be more motivated to stay on their boss’ good side.
Check these out:
- Employee didn’t want to lose the parking space in front of his house.
- Employee hit a turkey while riding a bike.
- Employee said he had a heart attack early that morning, but that he was “all better now.”
- Employee donated too much blood.
- Employee’s dog was stressed out after a family reunion.
- Employee was kicked by a deer.
- Employee contracted mono after kissing a mailroom intern at the company holiday party and suggested the company post some sort of notice to warn others who may have kissed him.
- Employee swallowed too much mouthwash.
- Employee’s wife burned all his clothes and he had nothing to wear to work.
- Employee’s toe was injured when a soda can fell out of the refrigerator.
- Employee was up all night because the police were investigating the death of someone discovered behind her house.
- Employee’s psychic told her to stay home.
What are some of the best missed-work excuses you’ve heard (or provided!)? Please share them with us by entering a comment below.