Ceramic Industry Blog


Survey Says!

March 15, 2010

In last week’s CI CyberNews CyberPoll, we asked if readers thought that Lowes’ better-than-expected fourth quarter profits indicated that the worst has passed for the housing market. Most of the respondents (43.8%) do think the worst has passed, while 37.5% answered “no” and 18.7% of respondents are unsure. On the other hand, the majority of readers (81.3%) agree that this does not mean that a robust housing recovery is on its way.

Comments included:

“Too many people are underwater on their mortgages for a robust recovery. Any recovery depends on people not making the economically prudent decision of walking away from their underwater mortgages. It will be several years before we see any substantial gains in the housing market.” -- Janelle Baranowski, PIDC

“A weak recovery in housing is likely this year and beyond. Returning to pre-recession levels of housing activity will take 4-5 years.”

“Interest rates will increase as will inflation. The federal gov't can’t continue to spend money at the rate.”

“Unless unemployment starts to improve the market will not rebound robustly. Also the commercial market will make borrowing very difficult.”


Many thanks to all of the CI CyberNews readers who have participated in our CyberPolls! Not a CI CyberNews subscriber? Follow this link to sign up for your free subscription!

Links

You must login or register in order to post a comment.

Multimedia

Videos

Image Galleries

October 2014 Issue Highlights

Our October 2014 issue is now available!

Posted: January 29, 2015

Podcasts

Ceramics Expo podcast
Editor Susan Sutton discusses the upcoming Ceramics Expo with event director Adam Moore.
More Podcasts

Ceramic Industry Magazine

CI March 2015 cover

2015 March

We're focusing on thermal processes and decorating in this issue. Check it out!

Table Of Contents Subscribe

Daily News

We know where you find the latest ceramic industry news (ahem), but where do you catch up on the rest of your daily news?
View Results Poll Archive

THE CERAMIC INDUSTRY STORE

M:\General Shared\__AEC Store Katie Z\AEC Store\Images\Ceramics Industry\handbook of advanced ceramics.gif
Handbook of Advanced Ceramics Machining

Ceramics, with their unique properties and diverse applications, hold the potential to revolutionize many industries, including automotive and semiconductors.

More Products

Clear Seas Research

Clear Seas ResearchWith access to over one million professionals and more than 60 industry-specific publications,Clear Seas Research offers relevant insights from those who know your industry best. Let us customize a market research solution that exceeds your marketing goals.

STAY CONNECTED

facebook_40px twitter_40px  youtube_40pxlinkedin_40google+ icon 40px

Directories

CI Data Book July 2012

Ceramic Industry's Directories including Components, Equipment Digest, Services, Data Book & Buyers Guide, Materials Handbook and much more!