Ceramic Industry Blog


Gas Price Worries

March 6, 2012

In last week’s CI CyberNews CyberPoll, we asked readers if they think U.S. gas prices will exceed $9/gal this year. The vast majority of respondents (92%) do not believe gas prices will reach that high, while the rest of the respondents (8%) do believe that gas prices will increase substantially.

Comments included:

“When world leaders learn to recognize that finance and economy problems will disappear if they reduce fuel costs, everything becomes cheaper to produce, people save and spend money, therefore creating more jobs and increased taxes to be collected to solidify the economies around the world. Lowered fuel costs will stabilize the world economy and reduce stress on companies, politicians, and consumers, allowing more money to be allocated to newer pharmaceutical and electronic technology to improve the lives of human beings worldwide while making the planet heathier from the developments noted above.”  — Phillip Pitts Sr. VP Enamelite LLC

“Certainly not in an election year.”

“$9? no $4? yes. Of course, we have been getting promises of $2/gallon gas. Where they’ll pull it out of, I can only guess.”

“Absolutely not. We can do ethanol for less than $5/gal. Other options (diesel, electric, NG, propane) become more viable. This is a ridiculous projection.”

“No, but Obama and Gore got their $5/gal wish. Hope they don’t mind a sputtering economy at election time.”

“I sure hope not!”


Are you interested in taking the industry’s pulse on a particular topic? Send your suggestions for CyberPoll questions to Kelsey Seidler at seidlerk@bnpmedia.com.

Many thanks to all of the CI CyberNews readers who have participated in our CyberPolls. Not a CI CyberNews subscriber? Follow this link to sign up for your free subscription!
 

You must login or register in order to post a comment.

Multimedia

Videos

Image Galleries

November 2014 Issue Highlights

Our November 2014 issue is now available! Posted: March 31, 2015.

Podcasts

Ceramics Expo podcast
Editor Susan Sutton discusses the upcoming Ceramics Expo with event director Adam Moore.
More Podcasts

Ceramic Industry Magazine

CI April 2015 edition

2015 April

You'll want to check out our continuing coverage of the inaugural Ceramics Expo event, plus articles on dental ceramics, glass coatings, refractories, and more!

Table Of Contents Subscribe

Daily News

We know where you find the latest ceramic industry news (ahem), but where do you catch up on the rest of your daily news?
View Results Poll Archive

THE CERAMIC INDUSTRY STORE

M:\General Shared\__AEC Store Katie Z\AEC Store\Images\Ceramics Industry\handbook of advanced ceramics.gif
Handbook of Advanced Ceramics Machining

Ceramics, with their unique properties and diverse applications, hold the potential to revolutionize many industries, including automotive and semiconductors.

More Products

Clear Seas Research

Clear Seas ResearchWith access to over one million professionals and more than 60 industry-specific publications,Clear Seas Research offers relevant insights from those who know your industry best. Let us customize a market research solution that exceeds your marketing goals.

STAY CONNECTED

facebook_40px twitter_40px  youtube_40pxlinkedin_40google+ icon 40px

Directories

CI Data Book July 2012

Ceramic Industry's Directories including Components, Equipment Digest, Services, Data Book & Buyers Guide, Materials Handbook and much more!