We’re compiling information for a roundtable piece focused on the brick and structural clay sector. I’d love to get some participation from our community of brick and structural clay manufacturers, as well as suppliers to this sector.
I’ve provided a series of questions below. Please provide answers by adding a comment, or feel free to email your answers to me at email@example.com.
I’m looking forward to your insights, and thank you for participating!
1. The brick/structural industry has seen a number of very difficult years due to the ongoing worldwide recession. How is your company handling the current economic climate?
2. Has your company taken action to offset traditional construction-related losses by offering new, innovative brick/structural clay products? If so, what type(s) of products and why?
3. What other strategies did your company undertake to weather the difficult economic conditions of the past few years?
4. What role can suppliers to the brick and clay industry (e.g., raw materials, equipment, services) play in helping the industry grow and adapt?
5. Now that the construction industry seems to be rallying from the economic downturn, is the worst over for the brick/structural clay industry? What does the future hold?