This weekly roundup highlights the ceramic, glass, brick and related news stories that garnered the most attention during the previous week on our website, as well as our eNewsletters and social media platforms.
Last week, readers were most interested in Dal-Tile’s plans for a new U.S. facility (Dal-Tile to Build Manufacturing and Distribution Facility in Tennessee): “Dal-Tile, a business of Mohawk Industries Inc., recently announced plans to build a glazed porcelain and colorbody tile manufacturing plant and distribution center in Dickson, Tenn., near Nashville. The 1.4 million-sq-ft plant is…”
Top 5 Hottest News for March 16-22
1. Dal-Tile to Build Manufacturing and Distribution Facility in Tennessee #4 last week
2. Ceramic Proppants Stand to Benefit as U.S. Demand for Shale Gas and Tight Oil Increases
3. University at Buffalo Announces Advanced Manufacturing Institute; Harper International is Founding Member
4. DOE Sponsors Advanced Composites Manufacturing Institute Competition
5. Ford Shifts Truck Production from Mexico to Ohio