This weekly roundup highlights the ceramic, glass, brick and related news stories that garnered the most attention during the previous week on our website, as well as our eNewsletters and social media platforms.
An announcement regarding a new Corning collaboration for touchscreen development drew the most interest last week (Corning and Atmel Coordinate on Development of Ultra-Thin Touchscreens): “Corning Inc. and Atmel® Corp. recently announced a collaboration to develop ultra-thin capacitive touchscreens with superior multi-touch performance for…”
Top 5 Hottest News for April 6-12
1. Corning and Atmel Coordinate on Development of Ultra-Thin Touchscreens
2. Ceramics Account for 54% of Zirconium Demand
3. Boss Named Momentive President, Silicones and Quartz #4 last week
4. TAM Ceramics Receives $500,000 to Develop Heat-to-Electricity Technology
5. PPG Makes Donations on Behalf of Fiber Glass Facilities