This weekly roundup highlights the ceramic, glass, brick and related news stories that garnered the most attention during the previous week on our website, as well as our eNewsletters and social media platforms.
Rio Tinto’s first half bauxite and alumina production drew the most reader interest last week (Mixed Results for Rio Tinto Bauxite and Alumina Production in First Half): “Rio Tinto recently reported production results for the first half of 2014. In May, Rio Tinto completed the curtailment of alumina production at…”
Top 5 Hottest News for August 10-16
1. Mixed Results for Rio Tinto Bauxite and Alumina Production in First Half
2. Ferro Reports 73% Increase in Second Quarter Adjusted Earnings Per Share
3. Rapid Urbanization and Rising Construction Activity Drive Global Ceramic Tile Market #5 last week
4. Lopez Named President of O-I Americas
5. U.S. Silica Completes Cadre Acquisition