- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
The worldwide economy is a mess right now, that much is all too clear. It’s possible that Congress could put together a second economic stimulus package aimed at pulling the U.S. out of what is certainly at this point a recession. More broad-reaching than the tax rebate-based stimulus plan from earlier this year, the second plan could include items ranging from increased unemployment benefits and infrastructure projects to tax breaks.
I’m not an economist by any means, and I’m certainly glad I’m not one now. But it seems to me that while the initial stimulus package didn’t do a whole lot of good, it certainly cost the government a bundle. I wonder if it was really worth the price?
Along those lines, should the country dig itself into an even deeper budget deficit on a wing and a prayer? Please share your thoughts by posting a comment below.