- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Buyers' Connection
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
The recently passed American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) includes a number of provisions that will offer opportunities for green building materials manufacturers. For example, the “greening” of schools and federal facilities will receive $53.6 billion and $5.55 billion, respectively.
According to the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), “Green building is among the cornerstones of a clean energy economy. The building industry makes up 14.7% of U.S. GDP and uses 40% of our nation’s energy. Greening our existing buildings would result in an estimated savings of $160 billion in energy costs, while creating green jobs that can’t be exported.”
Visit the links below for additional details.