- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
I’m very glad to inform you of my success about the latest challenge that has been thrown to me. Our institute was challenged to produce a type of brick with a specific quality and color for a project near the coast of our country. It came to me to produce the quality and color that the project needed.
It wasn’t easy, but with determination and perseverance I was able to meet the quality and color that the project demanded. I adapted the method of obtaining much carbon in the firing atmosphere with a specific size of firewood to raise the temperature. This obtains both an oxidation and reduction atmosphere within the clamp kiln.
Editor’s note: To share ceramic manufacturing stories from around the world, send an e-mail to Susan Sutton at firstname.lastname@example.org.