- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Buyers' Connection
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
Dow Chemical yesterday announced its plans to cut its workforce by 5000, while Sony revealed today that it will cut 8000 of its workers. It’s really getting to the point where I don’t want to read the news anymore. It’s like a shadow looming over the entire economic landscape-who’s going to be next?
The credit market appears to be picking up, which I suppose is cause for some cautious optimism (as long as you’re not into instant gratification). Rates might be low, but as job losses mount one wonders if anyone will be able to take advantage of them.
Has your company reduced its workforce, or does it plan to in the future, as a result of current economic conditions? Please share your experiences by entering a comment below.