- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
trendwatching.com defines the term trend as “a manifestation of something that has unlocked or newly serviced an existing (and hardly ever changing) consumer need, desire, want or value. At the core of this statement is the assumption that human beings, and thus consumers, don’t change that much. Their deep needs remain the same, yet can be unlocked or newly serviced.”
When staying on top of trends related to the ceramic and glass industries, we luckily need not concern ourselves with miniskirts vs. flare pants. (Not professionally speaking, that is.) But what about business trends such as outsourcing and right-sizing, or manufacturing trends like fast-firing? Certainly one trend with far-reaching implications for everyone these days is alternative energy, whether we’re producing it, supporting it or using it. Being aware of these and other trends is the first step in helping our companies successfully benefit from them.
According to trendwatching.com, turning trends into innovation requires us to ask a few important questions. Does the trend we’re discussing have the potential to:
“1. Influence or shape our company’s vision?
2. Come up with a new business concept, an entirely new venture, a new brand?
3. Add 'something' new for a certain customer segment?
It’s also important to speak the language of those customers already ‘living’ the trend. Show them you get it, show them you know what they’re excited about.”
Visit www.trendwatching.com to learn more trend-tracking tips.