TAM Ceramics was founded in 1906 to create new titanium ferroalloys. Now celebrating its 110-year anniversary, the company can look back on decades of invention, investment and the development of various technologies. These innovations span from white titanium dioxide pigments to new alloys and ceramics, fused zirconia, welding fluxes, and the first building blocks of modern electronics and computers. In fact, nearly 100 patents were awarded to TAM for dielectric titanate materials over a 50-year period.
The Titanium Manufacturing Co. (TAMCO) was organized in 1906 by Auguste J. Rossi, Ph.D., Andrew Thompson and William F. Meredith. Rossi, a native of France, lived in Niagara Falls, N.Y., and served as technical director. Thompson resided in Buffalo, N.Y., and was general manager, while Meredith had his office in New York City and became president.