Glass Problems Conference Seeks Abstracts
The deadline for abstract submissions is January 24, 2018, at 9 p.m. EST.
The 79th Conference on Glass Problems (GPC) invites engineers, educators, students and solutions providers working on various aspects of glass manufacturing to submit an abstract for an oral presentation. The GPC will be held November 5-8, 2018, at the Greater Columbus Convention Center in Columbus, Ohio. Broad topics of interest for presentations include:
- Furnace design and reconstruction
- Physics and chemistry of the melting process
- Thermodynamics and reaction kinetics of oxide systems relevant to industrial glass melting
- Modeling of glass melting and processing
- Combustion and heat transfer
- Raw materials (engineered, minerals, and chemicals, batching and recycling)
- Energy efficiency and management
- Environmental impact of glass
- Advanced process controls and sensors
- New topics (relevant to glass manufacturing)
Selected oral presentation authors are required to submit a paper for publication in the proceedings of the conference. The deadline for abstract submissions is January 24, 2018, at 9 p.m. EST.
The GPC is reportedly the largest glass manufacturing conference in North America, attracting glass manufacturers and suppliers worldwide to exchange innovations and problem solutions. Co-organized by the Glass Manufacturing Industry Council and Alfred University, the conference provides expert lectures, panel discussions and focused courses and symposia, along with exhibiting and networking opportunities.