CHARLES ROSS & SON CO.: Tumble Blender Safety Feature
The addition of optional light curtains can improve operator safety.
Charles Ross & Son Co. recently announced that it offers protective light curtains that provide an automatic safety shutoff for tumble blenders whenever an operator crosses a defined security boundary. Due to the nature of the rotating mix chamber, a safety railing is supplied standard on all Ross tumble blenders. The addition of optional light curtains can further improve operator safety.
According to Ross, its tumble blenders provide gentle agitation and are used for dry applications such as powders and pellets in many process industries. The blenders are reportedly suitable for batches requiring the dispersion of extremely small minor components and low shear intensity. The pictured 1-, 5- and 7.5-cu-ft blenders are equipped with the following features:
- Type 4 finger protection light curtain
- V-cone vessel designed for internal pressure up to 5 psi (argon purge) and vacuum operation up to 29”Hg
- 50-psig heating/cooling jacket
- Explosion-proof brake motor
- NEMA 4 control panel with Type X purge system, suited for Class 1 Div 1 hazardous locations
Standard blenders are rated for bulk densities up to 125 lb/cu ft. The models shown are designed for 400 lb/cu ft.
For more information, visit www.mixers.com.