Imerys Simplifies Organization into Two Main Market Segments
Imerys’ new organization is organized around two segments, grouping five newly created business areas that have been built around core markets.
Following an in-depth strategic review, Imerys recently announced that it will change its management organization to be more market-focused and to further leverage its repositioning as a specialty minerals company. The new organization is organized around two segments, grouping five newly created business areas that have been built around core markets. The general managers of the five newly created business areas will report directly to the CEO.
The Performance Minerals segment brings together three geographic business areas: Europe Middle East Africa (EMEA), Americas and Asia Pacific (APAC), serving the plastics, paints and coatings, filtration, ceramics, renewable energy, and paper and board markets. The High Temperature Materials & Solutions segment regroups two business areas: High Temperature Solutions and Refractory Abrasives & Construction, serving the refractory, foundry, metal flow, abrasives, and building chemistry markets.
“Our new organization, with business areas built around core markets, will enable us to achieve our full organic growth potential and to further improve our competitive position for sustained value creation,” said Conrad Keijzer, CEO. “In a competitive environment, this organization with less management layers will bring us closer to our customers and will allow us to meet their needs in a more effective way. In line with this new structure, we are appointing a new executive committee and we will be rolling out the implementation plan over the next few months.”
Members of the new executive committee include:
- Conrad Keijzer, CEO
- Olivier Pirotte, chief financial officer
- Philippe Bourg, senior vice president, Refractory Abrasives & Construction
- Michel Cornelissen, senior vice president, High Temperature Solutions
- Guillaume Delacroix, senior vice president, Performance Minerals EMEA
- Cyril Giraud, senior vice president, Performance Minerals APAC
- Jim Murberger, senior vice president, Performance Minerals Americas
- Frédérique Berthier-Raymond, group general counsel
- Jean-François Claver, chief industrial officer
- Olivier Hautin, chief strategy officer
- Vincent Lecerf, chief human resources officer
- Thierry Materne, chief innovation officer
Financial results for the year ending December 31, 2018, will be reported on the basis of the current organization structure. The new two-segment organization will be reflected in the financial reporting starting in 2019.
For additional information, visit www.imerys.com.