Moody's announced last week it downgraded its ratings on four major U.S. banks to reflect the reduced chances of a government rescue in future. In last week's CI CyberNews CyberPoll, we asked readers if they think this will have much of an effect on the economy. The majority (67%) said no, while the remainder (33%) were unsure.
"If it does, these four banks are TOO BIG TO FAIL and should be broken up."
"The change in rating will change the minds of some investors, which will have some effect. However, it is hard to say whether or not the effect will be big enough that we care."
Are you interested in taking the industry’s pulse on a particular topic? Send your suggestions for CyberPoll questions to Kelsey Seidler at email@example.com.
Many thanks to all of the CI CyberNews readers who have participated in our CyberPolls. Not a CI CyberNews subscriber? Follow this link to sign up for your free subscription!