This weekly roundup highlights the ceramic, glass, refractories, brick and related news stories that garnered the most attention during the previous week on our website, as well as our eNewsletters and social media platforms.
Last week, an announcement from Alcoa regarding its alumina refining capacity garnered the most reader interest (Alcoa to Curtail Remaining Suralco Refining Capacity): “Alcoa recently announced the curtailment of Suralco’s remaining 887,000 metric tons per year of alumina refining capacity as discussions continue with…”
Top 5 Hottest News for September 20-26
1. Alcoa to Curtail Remaining Suralco Refining Capacity
2. TATEHO Chemical Industries Acquires OZARK Technical Ceramics
3. Ceramics to Benefit as Demand Increases for Thermal Spray Coatings
4. DOE Announces New Innovation Institute on Smart Manufacturing
5. RAK Ceramics Invests in Sacmi High-Pressure Casting Solutions