This weekly roundup highlights the ceramic, glass, refractories, brick and related news stories that garnered the most attention during the previous week on our website, as well as our eNewsletters and social media platforms.
Readers last week were most interested in Alcoa’s announcement regarding alumina refining curtailment in Texas (Alcoa to Partially Curtail Alumina Refining Capacity at Point Comfort Facility): “Alcoa recently announced that it is taking action to curtail uncompetitive smelting and refining capacity to ensure continued competitiveness amid prevailing market conditions. The company will reduce…”
Top 5 Hottest News for November 8-14
1. Alcoa to Partially Curtail Alumina Refining Capacity at Point Comfort Facility
2. New Riedhammer Tunnel Kiln Helps Sanimed Improve Quality and Productivity
3. H.C. Spinks Clay Announces Price Increase
4. Despite Losses, CARBO Sees 24% Sequential Sales Volume Increase for Ceramic Proppants in 2015 Third Quarter
5. U.S. Army Orders Additional Body Armor from Ceradyne #1 last week