This weekly roundup highlights the ceramic, glass, refractories, brick and related news stories that garnered the most attention during the previous week on our website, as well as our eNewsletters and social media platforms.
An update from Vesuvius regarding its financial results to date drew the most reader interest last week (Declining Steel Production Poses Problems for Vesuvius): “Vesuvius plc recently released a trading update. Since the announcement of its 2015 first half results in July, the company continues to experience headwinds in trading performance due to the ongoing deterioration in global…”
Top 5 Hottest News for December 6-12
1. Declining Steel Production Poses Problems for Vesuvius
2. Viracon to Expand, Add Jumbo-Size Architectural Glass Capabilities
3. Rio Tinto Approves $1.9 Billion Amrun Bauxite Project
4. Ferro Completes Acquisition of Egyptian Tile Coatings Manufacturer Al Salomi for Frit and Glazes
5. Nabaltec Sees 5.3% Revenue Increase in First Nine Months of 2015; Strong Growth Seen in Technical Ceramics