This weekly roundup highlights the ceramic, glass, refractories, brick and related news stories that garnered the most attention during the previous week on our website, as well as our eNewsletters and social media platforms.
Last week, readers were most interested in Corning’s announcement regarding a new facility for LCD glass substrates (Corning to Invest in LCD Glass Substrate Facility in China): “Corning Inc. announced recently that with the support of the Hefei government, it will locate a Gen 10.5 glass manufacturing facility adjacent to the BOE Technology Group Co. Ltd. plant in the Hefei XinZhan General Pilot Zone in…”
Top 5 Hottest News for December 13-19
1. Corning to Invest in LCD Glass Substrate Facility in China
2. Declining Steel Production Poses Problems for Vesuvius #1 last week
3. Viracon to Expand, Add Jumbo-Size Architectural Glass Capabilities #2 last week
4. Electric Vehicle Market to Skyrocket 72.6%
5. Smart Windows to Drive Growth for Electrochromic Glass Market