This weekly roundup highlights the ceramic, glass, refractories, brick and related news stories that garnered the most attention during the previous week on our website, as well as our eNewsletters and social media platforms.
Readers last week were most drawn to GE Aviation’s new silicon carbide power electronics contract from the U.S. Army (GE Aviation Receives U.S. Army Contract for Silicon Carbide Power Electronics R&D): “GE Aviation recently received a contract for the research and development of silicon carbide-based power electronics supporting the high-voltage, next-generation ground vehicle electrical power architecture for the U.S. Army.”
Top 5 Hottest News for January 3-9
1. GE Aviation Receives U.S. Army Contract for Silicon Carbide Power Electronics R&D #4 last week
2. Ford GT First Production Vehicle to Use Lightweight Corning Gorilla Glass for Windshield third week in Top 5!
3. AGC Earns Skin Cancer Foundation Seal of Recommendation for Automotive Windows #5 last week
4. Technology Advances to Drive Modest Gains in Advanced Carbon Materials Market
5. Al Forsan Continues to Grow with Sacmi Solutions #1 last week