This weekly roundup highlights the ceramic, glass, refractories, brick and related news stories that garnered the most attention during the previous week on our website, as well as our eNewsletters and social media platforms.
Ferro’s acquisition of Ferer Dis Ticaret Ve Kimyasallar Anonim Sirketi A.S. garnered the most reader interest last week (Ferro Acquires Turkey-Based Color and Glass Coating Products Distributor) “Ferro Corp. recently announced that it has purchased 100% of the equity of privately-held Istanbul-based Ferer Dis Ticaret Ve Kimyasallar Anonim Sirketi A.S. for approximately $9 million in cash, on a cash…”
Top 5 Hottest News for January 10-16
1. Ferro Acquires Turkey-Based Color and Glass Coating Products Distributor
2. Combined Technologies of CoorsTek and Former Covalent Materials Featured at SEMICON Japan
3. Magnesita in Plans for Corporate Reorganization
4. Automakers Beat Greenhouse Gas Emissions Standards for Third Straight Year; Fuel Economy Steady at Highest Level Ever Recorded
5. Alcoa to Close Warrick Alumina Smelter and Curtail Remaining Capacity at Point Comfort Refinery