This weekly roundup highlights the ceramic, glass, refractories, brick and related news stories that garnered the most attention during the previous week on our website, as well as our eNewsletters and social media platforms.
GE’s announcement regarding the sale of its Appliances business to Haier drew the most reader interest last week (GE Agrees to Sell Appliances Business to Haier) “GE announced recently it has signed a definitive agreement to sell its Appliances business to Qingdao Haier Co., Ltd. for $5.4 billion. The transaction has been approved…”
Top 5 Hottest News for January 24-30
1. GE Agrees to Sell Appliances Business to Haier
2. Acme Brick to Distribute Bautex Block in Texas Markets
3. SCHOTT Sees Sales and Annual Results Climb in its 2014/2015 Fiscal Year
4. TA Instruments’ ElectroForce Group Moves to New Facility #3 last week
5. Saint-Gobain and Corning Announce New Joint Venture to Produce Lightweight Glazing for the Automotive Market