This weekly roundup highlights the ceramic, glass, refractories, brick and related news stories that garnered the most attention during the previous week on our website, as well as our eNewsletters and social media platforms.
Last week, an announcement from Almatis regarding its alumina production capacity drew the most reader interest (Almatis Increases North American Alumina Refinery Production): “Backward integrated with the 2013 purchase of the Burnside alumina refinery, Almatis has control of its supply chain and reportedly can provide long-term stability in this time of big industry shifts. Investments in …”
Top 5 Hottest News for March 6-12
1. Almatis Increases North American Alumina Refinery Production #5 last week
2. Mohawk Announces 2015 Results, Plans to Increase Ceramic Segment Capacity
3. Schenck Process Signs Global Partnership Agreement with Sandvik
4. 2015 Net Sales Essentially Flat for Libbey
5. Morgan Advanced Materials Details 2015 Results, Plans for Long-Term Strategy and New Business Structure 3rd week in the Top 5