This weekly roundup highlights the ceramic, glass, refractories, brick and related news stories that garnered the most attention during the previous week on our website, as well as our eNewsletters and social media platforms.
PPG’s plan to sell its flat glass segment to Vitro drew the most reader interest last week (PPG to Sell Flat Glass Operations to Vitro): “PPG recently announced that it has reached a definitive agreement to sell the assets of its flat glass manufacturing and glass coatings operations to Vitro S.A.B. de C.V. The transaction is expected to close by…”
Top 5 Hottest News for July 31 - August 6
1. PPG to Sell Flat Glass Operations to Vitro
2. Corning Unveils Corning Gorilla Glass 5
3. Study Debunks Actual Cost of Brick Homes #5 last week
4. CARBO Ceramics Sees Steep Revenue Decline in 2016 Second Quarter
5. CeraMaterials Expands Graphite Material Offerings