This weekly roundup highlights the ceramic, glass, refractories, brick and related news stories that garnered the most attention during the previous week on our website, as well as our eNewsletters and social media platforms.
Last week, news regarding Kyocera’s acquisition of Melles Griot drew the most reader interest (Kyocera to Acquire Optical Component Manufacturer Melles Griot): “Kyocera Corp. recently announced that it will acquire all shares of Melles Griot KK, a Japan-based manufacturer specializing in optical components that is currently a subsidiary of…”
Top 5 Hottest News for August 21-27
1. Kyocera to Acquire Optical Component Manufacturer Melles Griot #4 last week
2. 3M Licenses Dental Ceramics Coloring Technology to Dental Direkt
3. H.C. Starck Powder Divisions Adopt New Corporate Structure #5 last week
4. Mohawk’s Ceramic Sales Increase 5% in 2016 Second Quarter
5. Alfred University’s Wu Wins NSF CAREER Award