Last week, SCHOTT’s news regarding production of mirrors for the European Large Telescope (ELT) garnered the most reader interest (SCHOTT Begins Manufacturing Primary Mirrors for ELT): “The SCHOTT melting team has started casting the first mirror segments that will make up the 39-m primary mirror (M1) of the European Large Telescope (ELT). To make the segments, liquid glass heated to over 1,400°C will be…”
Top 5 Hottest News Stories for January 14-20
1. SCHOTT Begins Manufacturing Primary Mirrors for ELT
2. Demand Increasing for Ceramic Substrates Worldwide
3. AVX to Acquire Antenna System Manufacturer Ethertronics #4 last week
4. Strong Growth Projected for Silicon Carbide Semiconductor Devices #3 last week
5. Hall China’s Thompson Passes Away
This weekly roundup highlights the ceramic, glass, refractories, brick and related news stories that garnered the most attention during the previous week on our website, as well as our eNewsletters and social media platforms.