Readers last week were most interested in the CEO change at CeramTec following the group’s acquisition (CeramTec Acquisition Completed; Saleh Named New CEO as Steinmetz Steps Down): “CeramTec Group’s recently announced acquisition by a consortium of investors led by funds advised by BC Partners and including the Public Sector Pension Investment Board and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan has received antitrust clearance and was completed on March 8, 2018. In addition, Hadi Saleh, Ph.D., formerly president of the company’s Medical division, has been named CEO. The appointment comes after Henri Steinmetz, CeramTec’s CEO since 2016, left the company with the full mutual agreement of the supervisory board.
‘As the group’s president Medical, Dr. Hadi Saleh has demonstrated his professional expertise and outstanding leadership qualities,’ said Günter von Au, Ph.D., chairman of CeramTec’s supervisory board. ‘We are confident that under his guidance, the CeramTec Group will continue its growth trajectory. At the same time, we thank Henri Steinmetz for his successful tenure at the company’s helm and wish him all the very best for the future, both professionally and personally.’”
Check out the other hottest stories from last week. How will they affect your business? Please leave a comment or contact me at (248) 786-1704 or email@example.com to share your thoughts!
Top 5 Hottest News Stories for April 1-7
1. CeramTec Acquisition Completed; Saleh Named New CEO as Steinmetz Steps Down
2. Innovnano and FCT-NOVA to Collaborate on Additive Manufacturing Process for Synthetic Bone Material
3. GE Aviation GE9X Engine Featuring Ceramic Matrix Composites Goes Airborne #2 last week
4. Kyocera to Build New Plant in Kagoshima, Japan, for Ceramic Microelectronic Packages
5. NSG Develops World’s Thinnest Transparent Electro-Conductive Coating Glass #1 last week
This weekly roundup highlights the ceramic, glass, refractories, brick and related news stories that garnered the most attention during the previous week on our website, as well as our eNewsletters and social media platforms.