Last week, readers continued to be most drawn to GTAT’s announcement regarding its new silicon carbide manufacturing operation (GTAT Opens New Silicon Carbide Manufacturing Facility): “GTAT Corp. opened a new state-of-the-art silicon carbide manufacturing plant with a ribbon-cutting ceremony on June 26, 2018, that included state and local officials who were on hand to commemorate the event. The facility, located in Hudson, N.H., also includes the company’s new corporate headquarters, as well as its advanced research and development center.
“‘The opening of our new silicon carbide production facility represents a significant milestone for the company’s transition from an equipment provider to a materials company,’ said Greg Knight, GTAT’s president and CEO. ‘This beautiful, new production facility positions us as one of the only companies in the world with the know-how and capacity to offer high-quality silicon carbide material for a growing number of power electronics applications in high growth markets…’”
What trends or new applications are you seeing for silicon carbide? Please share your thoughts by contacting me at (248) 786-1704 or email@example.com.
Top 5 Hottest News Stories for July 15-21
1. GTAT Opens New Silicon Carbide Manufacturing Facility 2nd week at #1!
2. Kyocera Honored by Japan’s METI for Artificial Hip Joint Technology
3. SCHOTT Aims to Enhance Hermetic Packaging Offerings with Acquisition of Primoceler Oy
4. Ceramic Matrix Composites to See Strong Growth in Defense Industry Applications
5. Corning Announces Investment in Automotive Glass Solutions Manufacturing Facility
This weekly roundup highlights the ceramic, glass, refractories, brick and related news stories that garnered the most attention during the previous week on our website, as well as our eNewsletters and social media platforms.