Last week, readers were most interested in NSG’s announcement regarding a new plant in Argentina (NSG to Expand Float Glass Production in Argentina to Address Demand from Architectural and Automotive Sectors): “NSG Group recently announced that it plans to build a new float glass plant in Exaltación de la Cruz in the state of Buenos Aires in Argentina. To be located near the existing distribution center, the new plant will be the second float line to be operated by Vidriería Argentina S.A. (VASA), a joint venture subsidiary in Argentina.”
“The investment in the new plant is a response to rapidly increasing demands for architectural and automotive glass products in Argentina. Expected to be operational in early 2020, the new plant will also support the market growth in the neighboring markets, including Paraguay, Uruguay and Bolivia.”
Is your company increasing capacity to meet expanding demand? I’d love to hear about it! Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (248) 786-1704.
Top 5 Hottest News Stories for October 21-27
1. NSG to Expand Float Glass Production in Argentina to Address Demand from Architectural and Automotive Sectors #5 last week
2. Ceramic Industry Partners with ASM International on First Annual International Materials Applications & Technologies Conference and Exhibition #4 last week
3. NGK Insulators Will Establish Powder Production Facility to Support Automotive Ceramics in Asia #2 last week
4. Corning Cuts Energy Intensity in Half at Fiber, Cable Manufacturing Facilities
5. AGC and Panasonic to Jointly Develop Vacuum-Insulated Glass for the European Market
This weekly roundup highlights the ceramic, glass, refractories, brick and related news stories that garnered the most attention during the previous week on our website, as well as our eNewsletters and social media platforms.